Stateside

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sorry to cause worry...

The last time I went to post a week or so ago I wrote a nice long missile only to have the computer crash three seconds before I clicked on the post icon. That was very frustrating as I had spent a good twenty minutes writing about my life and my mom´s visit. So here is another try.

My mom and I had a great time. She had a full seven days just in Mal Pais and Montezuma and so she really got to see a peice of my life here. She met my roomates and other friends and we had great food and plenty of tropical cocktails. We also saw the Arenal Volcano, Hot Springs and Monteverde.

My apologies for making everyone worry due to the infrequency of my emails lately. I was on the road with friends. We traveled up to Samara and Nosara and hung out up there for a few days. It was a really fun windy dirt road all the way with several river crossings. Those are really fun but my poor car broke a brake line so I took it to the mecanic in Nosara to get it fixed. He´s this chunky Tico named Budda. He worked on it for an hour and a half and only charged me ten dollars including the part. I felt so bad I bought him a six pack. It was nice to get away for a few days and see some new scenery but I´m glad to be back ¨home.¨

I am now living at a friends place. It is spacious, comfortable and right on the beach. The waves are so loud that you constantly are aware of the roar.

I also got another job. I´m working the day shift at Tabu Bar three days a week. It is also right on the beach and has a great sunset view. It´s pretty slow during the day but I have met some really cool people through there. I still have my surf shop job too. Fortunately I have sundays off. The bar is the Hotspot at night around here so I might work a night here or there but only if they need an extra hand. Hopefully I will make enough this month to make a difference.

Hope everyone is well and thanks for all your emails. Saturday is my half-way day. Half of my trip is past. I have to make arrangement to go to Nicaragua or Panama for my passport stamp. You are only allowed to stay here for three months before you must leave for 72 hours. Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home