Stateside

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Still in Santa Teresa...

I keep finding that I have no reason to leave this place. I will head off to Montezuma eventually but I guess there is no sunset there so my people here think that I wont want to stay and I'll come back here. It is about an hour busride away so no big deal. I might have a lead on place to rent here for a month or two for pretty cheap and am considering buying a bicycle to get around on although walking is really easy. I'm on a timer here so if it is a little choppy just ignore.

I have enjoyed the most amazing sunsets here the last three nights. Everyone is as good as the last. It is hot and beautiful everyday like the one before. I got a little writing in today but I haven't been able to block out the distractions yet. I think by tomorrow I will be able to be a little less curious of my surroundings and get down to the business of writing. I went to a pool today with a couple ex-pats from Colorado. They own a beach front home here and know everyone in the town. Malpais is a calm area with no "town area." Santa Teresa is on the same road but has stores and stuff. Santa Teresa is the busy beach bumb area where everything is usually happening. Surfers from all over the world mill about the street (one dirt road) and there are tons of little restaurants and cabinas. It is so small that I recognize everyone I pass, we don't remember each others names, just where we are from. You call out "Hey seattle," "Hey Montreal" or "Hey Argentina" depending on where they said they were from. I'm "Portland" of course but there's a guy here from Portland so we actually know each others names:) Now we have all started cooking together at the hostel which is fun. There's always a new face from somewhere different. I'm starting to feel like a veteran as this new girl arrived today and she's paler than I. I actually am pretty tan already so I'm not "right off the bus" anymore :)

I wish I could post pics here but they are all on my laptop which doesn't connect to the internet. However my new friends who own the home here have a dail up connection which might make it possible for me to upload a few. I will try to keep posting regularly. I'm having a blast! Buenas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home