Stateside

Monday, January 30, 2006

Four days to go and many more Goodbye's

I have made my reservations for the first few nights and I will be staying at hostel pangea (http://hostelpangea.com) San Jose. I was going to only stay for two nights but then decided to stay a third night as I would like to hang out to watch the superbowl since the Seahawks are going to win! Then I will be off to Montezuma, I'm still deciding between a couple places to stay there however I know it will be on the beach.
Meanwhile I'm still here. And saying goodbye to everyone is a long process but also a really fun one. It's nice to leave for a short time like this (four months actually, I named my blog before I bought my plane ticket) because it's not goodbye permanently but people still like to take the opportunity to let you know they care and they will miss you. Since I'm going to Costa Rica with a firm objective (I'm working on a novel) It is really encouraging to have everyone rooting for me and my success. It is a driving force and when I start to feel doubts I have a huge pool of family and friends that come to mind like a back up generator sputtering to life to keep me going. I'm very fortunate and thank you all. I will be posting as regularly as possible and I welcome all comments.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Martha said...

Paige,
I am so excited for you. Please blog lots so I can live vicariously through you.

Also, the husband and I are tentatively planning a trip to Nicaragua next winter, so if you decide you love CR and extend your stay, we'll have to come visit. :-)

Best of luck on your adventure!
--
M

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger brataloid said...

don't forget to let us know where we can send care packages to. :)

oh! and enjoy the guaro.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home