Stateside

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Finally...Hot sun and sandy beaches

My bag finally showed up late saturday night shortly after making that last post. The only problem is I packed way too much stuff in it, I'm going to have to ditch some clothes here or find permanent spot. Sunday I took the bus to the Nicoya Peninsula. It was three hours on the bus, one hour on the ferry and another hour and a half on the bus. I was intending to go straight to Montezuma but some people told me to check out Malpais/Santa Teresa first. IT is a huge surf spot. Only problem is I'm not a surfer...yet. It is about 90 degrees with a breeze here. Nights get cooler though so you can still sleep. I'm staying in a hostel where every language is being spoken at once. Internet is much harder to come by here so I will try to post every other day. I met a couple from Port Townsend last night. That's about the nearest to home I have met. before leaving San Jose I was able to catch the superbowl on the bigscreen at the hostel. Everyone there was rooting for the seahawks so we were all groaning together. Poor Hawks. I'm off to the beach now. I'm starting to dig the vibe here a little so I will stay one more day before heading to Montezuma.

Also funny, the prohibition was still in effect last night but nobody here stopped serving until the white polo shirts of the alcohol monitors showed up and shut them down for the night. Adios!

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So the adventure begins! I will be living through your words as I sit and read your blog from my little cubicle. Seeing as I have traveled with you before I have a feeling that you might work yourself into some interesting situations. Maybe it’s a good thing that the country is dry.... let yourself ease into it. Be safe and have fun.
Love and light
Nicole

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger brataloid said...

Yay! The bag is back. That happened to me when I went to alaska. A week is a long time to live without a change of clothes or deoderant. Glad it didn't take you that long. Enjoy each advetnure, including Tamarindo. Let me know if you go there and I'll try and remember the name of the bar that makes the best caiprinias and the restaraunt with the best tuna steaks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home