Stateside

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Buying a car while wearing a bikini...

Yes, I am back at the yoga center. It is a really good vibe there and I wont have to clean out Oxygen tubes. No joke, the old lady is really sweet but had the idea that I would be a caretaker, which wasn´t our original deal so I bailed. Took some photos of the yurt, packed up and was back at the yoga center in 15 minutes flat :)

I have a car! Azul is great, everyone wants rides. I met with the lawyer yesterday to sign it into my name. Its the only time I´ve ever bought a car in a bikini and shorts. The odometer doesn´t work, the speedometer doesn´t work, not that you can even go fast on these bumpy dirt roads. The most important thing is the gas gauge does work. And the four wheel drive also works.
My roomie, Tessa is great. Since we are sharing expenses it is costing me less than $5 per day to stay at the Yoga center. Technically I´m living next door to the Yoga Center at a place called Ocean Travelers. The people there are great. An artist and a masseuse live upstairs. Tessa is also a masseuse, the yoga center is called Manos Que Sanan, meaning hands that heal and doubles as a massage place so Tessa will be able to work there. They book massages for three different hotels also. They are also putting in a vegan and fish restaurant. I might be able to help in reception to make a little money.

Some things about this country are slow and laid back, but some things happen really fast and you feel like you are in a time warp. I never seem to know the date and time is relative. I´ve been in country less than three weeks and I know everyone in town, I have a home and a car and am looking around for a job. My spanish is improving little by little.

We have also been cooking every day. Better go I have to arrange a bank transfer for the car. Pura Vida!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home