Stateside

Sunday, August 20, 2006

State Hopper

I have decided to go and spend a couple months in Durango, CO. I have never been there before but it is recommended highly by my boyfriend who lives there. Of course it will be much easier to continue dating if we don't live five states apart. This move also feeds my ravenous appetite for all places new. In case you don't know where it is...



Durango is nestled into the Rocky Mountains and the town itself sits at 6500 feet with higher peaks all around. The nearest ski slopes are at Purgatory resort; 20 minutes away. Durango is also a big rafting town with several nearby rivers. With over 300 days of sun a year it will be a nice place to spend the fall. I have heard that Autumn in Durango is famously beautiful, particularly because of the Aspen trees and their changing colors...



I'm looking forward to experiencing the Rocky Mountains in all their grandeur. Now, how am I going to get there?...

1 Comments:

At 5:12 PM, Blogger brataloid said...

sounds fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home